watch the 60 minutes report on regrowing human body parts. blew my mind.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
i don't like jumping into the christmas spirit before the start of december. blessed day! here we are. here is a list of things that make the season bright in my world.
1. skating at the Leg. and hot chocolate night.
2. radio set to full time christmas songs on 104.9
3. wearing my christmas sweater.
4. my mom trying to no end to find out what i got her before christmas day.
5. i love TURTLES. i can eat a whole box by myself at the drop of a hat.
6. Away in a Manger is my favorite christmas hymn.
7. wrapping/delivering presents for santa's anonymous.
8. christmas day shiny hockey in bearspaw (won't happen this year for me. i will be in toronto)
9. christmas pageant the gibb's grandchildren put on.
11. elf, a christmas story, christmas vacation, the grinch who stole christmas, ...
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
2010 will include a trip to australia. this will be my first trip south of the equator. for 6 glorious weeks this summer i will be chillin with crocodile dundee, shot gunning fosters, and turning the tables on dingos by eating their babies. i have booked a seat on oceanic flight 815 from sydney to los angeles. has any one been there before? i need ideas. so far i know i want to scuba dive the great barrier reef and ride in a kangaroo pouch.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
we made a decision at our house not to get cable tv. i thought the hardest part would be the inability to watch the sports highlights 7 times over each night before going to bed. espn.com has scratched that itch. i may never want cable again. if i miss one thing it is sunday evening. 60 minutes is my favorite. if you have never watched you are missing out. later on sunday evening cbc newsworld has a show called doc zone where they show documentaries. nima like. here is a list of my favorite documentaries. you get a chance to watch anyo of them you take it. trekkies, supersize me, harry potter and the half blood prince.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
i have a confession. i miss edmonton. when i left 6.5 months ago i was more than ready for a change. i forgot what i loved about the place. i moved to calgary and was hypnotized by the view of the mountains. the short ride to waterton sucked me in every other weekend. unlike capitol ex/klondike days, the stampede was actually fun. i loved being able to go downtown at night and not be scared. the more i get to know calgary i realize i really love edmonton. the 2 cities couldn't be more different. calgary is a brand new car. it is is shiny and new. look at how beautiful i am! where as edmonton is like the gibb's old blue topaz gord and bro. gibb spray painted. or like the onmi dave olsen drove before our missions. all the door handles broke off so dave would have to go in through the trunk to let us in. i guess i am saying edmonton is not that polished and neither am i.